His Blog

His Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Christmas Wish

Megan (10 year old) slipped a Christmas list under our bedroom door today. It had a Sunday Shower Schedule on the other side. I laughed when I saw it because that is so her. She loves to organize and make lists and schedules.
The Christmas wish list was for the whole family. She listed each person and wrote something that she thinks they would wish for this year. I might share the others elsewhere - but, for Layne she wrote, 'Dad to be there'. I was touched. I think that's what we all want this year. We want Dad to be around for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. There are just no words for this. :-(

    Crying for your family in Texas right now... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to bring the tears. I thought it was tender to experience that the kids remember. They are aware and somehow feel like it's ok. I think that's a good thing.

      Delete