His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Today

Today Layne was up making breakfast when I got back from picking up the boys at seminary. He doesn't usually make breakfast these days. Yesterday at the same time he was still in bed. This morning he got up to say good-bye to his parents that left after helping with the kids this past weekend. After breakfast, I went to my class and then saw him drive into the parking lot of the Rec. Center as I was driving out. After working out it was time to come home and get ready for work. He goes in a couple of times a week for just a few hours. (He'll do 8-10 hours a week total.) After work he stopped to get the oil changed and then came home. I asked how he was doing. The response was - "I'm tired, I'm tired, I'm really tired...and hungry.". It was strung out a bit...maybe for emphasis. We proceeded with our evening, which included him making the sauce for our spaghetti. He stayed home instead of joining the Young Men in their event this evening. He was tired (see above) and wasn't up for doing something that might take physical exertion in the cold.

2 comments:

  1. OK, seriously? Let me know if you need me to come out while you guys go to Houston. I'm not kidding. I can do school with the kids, and stay at your place so they are in their own beds. Let me know and we can talk to Mom and Dad. For realsies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, you are so kind. We've been covered so far with the kids. We've had some great helpers and the kids feel like they keep wanting to be more independent. Love you.

      Delete