His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Next Steps

Layne is already gone to Houston to start the newest clinical trial. I'm hoping the best for this one. The last one gave him an extra year. That's a good thing, right? I even got to see him run again. It was only a 5K - but, still. I say only not because that's a short distance for me but because it's a short distance for him. Although, at the time he did it - it was a pretty big deal. I'm glad Jacob got to run with him.
When Layne's gone I tend to stay up later and worry more. I tend to feel more alone. I realize more what it will be like to not have him around anymore. Sometimes it feels a bit empty...especially at night when the house is quiet and I'm used to having someone next to me. 
I feel bad he has to do so much of this by himself. I don't think I'd like to have the medical staff poking and prodding me without someone there for support. He does most of it on his own it seems. I'm planning on being there when he has the infusion done. It's hard to watch someone you love be put through that. He gets tired, pale, and sick. I feel a little helpless when all I can do is hold his hand that has gotten cold. I was able to get him food occasionally before - but, it seems like there have also been plenty of times when he didn't feel like eating anything. It's hard to see someone that I'm used to being healthy look exhausted and seem weak...someone that is supposed to be energetic but it takes too much effort to get themselves off the couch.
Well, on to bigger and better things. Or maybe just happier things. I guess I could just stick with - time to go be productive. (Productive...there's a post for another day. It's a bit questionable lately.)

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post, but I just really appreciate your honesty. I pray for you guys every day. Keep us posted. Love you.

    ReplyDelete