His Blog

His Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

More of the Same

We've been continuing to move forward. Layne is spending a little more time at work. He's also training for a 5K. It seems odd to think of him training for a 5K - he hasn't run in a long time. Back in the day, a 5K was just what he counted as an easy work out for the day. Now it's a big deal. I'm glad. I think he still considers himself a runner.
We're a little back and forth with work. He's working on things and yet they're trying to still make sure they have a space for him. We will need to change our health insurance. We're thinking it'll end up being less coverage for more money. Apparently, that's just how things go.
I'm glad he's been able to do a bit more. But, he still gets tired and doesn't feel so great most of the time. I guess that's what happens when you have a constant supply of chemo in you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this update! I have been thinking of you guys so much lately and really praying and hoping for some progress. I am glad to hear Layne is able to do some running and some working. I bet both feel like a huge blessing to him! I hope you can work things out with the insurance and with work. Lots of love and prayers coming your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear an update. I am also really glad Layne is getting back into life a little bit. A 5K? That's about as far as I go on my runs. :-)

    ReplyDelete