His Blog

His Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2016

True To The Faith

I was asked to read this in Relief Society today. It was handed to me partway through the lesson. I agreed to the request without even reading through it. Father's Day is not the best day for a someone that watched her husband fade away before he passed away to read a story like this. I got emotional at parts. The article is titled, "True to the Faith of Our Fathers", by President Monson. It's the First Presidency message for the July 2016 Ensign.


3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is beautiful, but I can only imagine how difficult it was for you. I hope the teacher wasn't merely being insensitive, but perhaps she thought this message would give you particular strength. It does seem a lot to ask for you to read it, though! I was thinking of you on Father's Day and hope you and the kids were able to celebrate Layne. We miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hard day. We think about and pray for you and the kids often Teressa. We wish that we were close by so that we could give you more support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been hard. You're quite incredible for even going to church on Father's Day. You're incredible.

    ReplyDelete