His Blog

His Blog

Monday, March 14, 2016

Encircling Arms

I went to the UCAP Conference on Saturday. It was great. I'll share some thoughts about that elsewhere. I wanted to share an experience I had while I was there. I was sitting down and getting ready for the next session. A guy came and sat down a couple of chairs away from me. Part way through the session, he rested his arm on the back of the chair between us. No biggie - except for the fact that I suddenly felt like it had been a long time since Layne had put his arm around me. I felt alone. It's hard to have reminders that there's no significant other waiting for you at home when you're out and about doing your own thing for the day. It's going to be a long time before I get to have his arm around me again.

1 comment:

  1. That must be really hard to process. No amount of love from parents, kids, siblings, and friends can make up for your missing "significant other." You are always in my prayers! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete