His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Already There



'I'm Already There' by Lonestar

This was my song for Layne when he was in Albuquerque for weeks at a time (several years ago). It came out in 2004 and ended up being turned into a song for all of the soldiers heading out to Iraq and Iran. (Good marketing thought, right?) It was played quite a bit on the radio. I heard it today and thought about how it could be a song for when Layne is gone. He'll always be with us.
This is the only video I could find that was about being away from home missing your family instead of military personal leaving/returning home. (I'm not saying that's not important - just saying it wasn't our situation - thankfully.) 
I like the picture in here with the mom, two boys and the little baby. Our boys were young and Megan had just been born that past spring. We got to see him every other week-end...sort of...he still had obligations on campus. He would get home Thursday evening, go to campus for a long day on Friday and then be on campus again Saturday morning and sometimes into the afternoon. We would spend time as a family, do a date night and church on Sunday. We took him back to the airport Sunday afternoons and then wait for over a week and a half for him to come home again. He was always amazed at Megan's growth each time he saw her.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! I've always loved it, but in the context of your lives it's even more meaningful. I don't know how you can listen/watch without crying your eyes out--because I can't! xo

    ReplyDelete