His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Little Girl's Wish

Yesterday, Rachel asked if Tuesday was the day that Layne and I went to the temple. She's pretty observant. There have been several Tuesdays lately that we've managed to go - or Layne has taken the boys. I told her that there are some Tuesdays we have gone but that tomorrow (today) would be a little different. I explained about going to the doctor in the morning to find out about the tests Dad had previously done. I remember mentioning something about finding out if the tumors were any bigger. She told me, "I hope they're smaller. I don't want Dad to die.". Bless her heart. It continues to amaze me how much the kids understand and that they really do want their father to be around for awhile. I wonder if they think about it more than I realize. I want him to be around for awhile longer too.

1 comment:

  1. This is very tender. I am so sorry that she has to constantly have that fear looming over her. And, OF COURSE they want their dad to around for a LONG while. We all do. xo

    ReplyDelete