His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Oncologist

We went in for the results of Layne's scan today. The tumors have no significant growth. So, Layne will continue doing what he's doing. The oncologist seemed thrilled. He came in saying there was good news. I think he was just glad there were no new visible tumors and that what was there had basically stayed the same. That's apparently great in his line of work. We thought a miracle would be really cool...such as no tumors at all. But, reality had to take over.
Layne will go in again in a couple of weeks to do what's required for the trial. They need to their updates too. After that, there will be a scan again in a couple of months for another update on the tumors. It seems we're moving forward.

6 comments:

  1. That's great news! ;) or at least good news (I agree - no tumors at all would be more awesome!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I feel encouraged--in the spirit of no bad news is good news! We are praying mightily, particularly with such recent wonderful time together as a family in Seattle. We love you and are grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this update! I kept checking your blog for an update yesterday and am SO happy that the tumors have not grown. Sometimes miracles occur in baby steps, right? No new growth sounds a lot better than the alternative. I'm with the oncologist--that is good news! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take it! That is great, considering I feel like this is the first actual positive news we have had since the beginning. Yay! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree-yay for baby steps. I'm grateful Layne articulated so well where he's at with cancer with the kids so they that will understand this news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read this on Tuesday and I am re-reading now with Mike to leave a comment. I am hooray-ing as well! Happy the tumors have met their match and they are staying at bay!

    ReplyDelete